Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Years Party

This year the kids and I spent New Year's Eve at my Aunt Aprils, in her new house. My dad came along with me and we drove down to Grace with Uncle Mallory and Aunt Kathy early Monday afternoon. The roads were actually pretty good however, both Uncle Mallory and I were having issues with our washer fluid not working, leaving us with very dirty windshields. So we stopped at a gas station, I bought washing fluid, and we poured it all over our windshields to get them nice and clean, this definitely made seeing and driving much better. When we arrived at Aunt April's my kids were thrilled to get out of the car and I think my dad was too :o) Aunt April's new house is beautiful inside, and we really enjoyed our stay there. After some lunch we followed Uncle Fred to pretty much the side of a mountain to take the kids sledding. Katelyn absolutely loved it but after one ride Jenna was done, and after crashing with Grandpa Ashlyn was done too. After a bit Jeffery was getting pretty cold so I took him, Jenna, and Ashlyn back to the house. It was a perfect excuse not to have to help Aunt Kathy get her car unstuck from the snow in which Aunt April and I talked her into doing :o) ( not telling her to get stuck but telling her to drive in an area that allowed her to get stuck lol) in the end though it all worked out and after an hour or so the rest of the group came back to the house. Around 5 we had dinner which consisted of three fantastic soups Aunt April made and rolls. Delicious!!! Then came the games, much laughter, and screaming/crying kids. Oh the joys of a parent :o) Leading up to midnight it was nice to talk about Grandpa Harmon and how much we miss him and enjoyed our time with him while he was still here. When the clock struck 12 we brought in the New Year with egg nog and New Year resolutions! Tuesday, New Year's Day, brought on some more games that had us laughing so heard tears were streaming down some faces, definitely gave some stomach muscles a good work out. By 1:00 Jeffery and Jenna were ready to head home, so we hit the road. Aunt April made the kids cute little reindeers made from toilet paper rolls and then filled with candy, they were so cute and my kids absolutely loved them. Thanks for the wonderful time Aunt April, we really had a blast!!


Kids heading out the door to go sledding


The party at the bottom of the hill with those not sledding


Cold little boy


Watch out she has a snowball


 My dad and Katelyn sledding down the hill.....

 

and then they crashed......



and Grandpa survived :o) 


Grandma Harmon and I


 Grandma started the puzzle and the family helped her finish it


 Aunt April warming up her awesome soups


It's dinner time!!



The stairs were a big hit with all the kids there


Uncle Fred chilling with some of the kids downstairs


Handsome Jacob with his handsome daddy!


This was Jenna's choice of sleeping lol 


An attempted picture with my dad and all his grandkids


Minus Jeffery

5 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone enjoyed the fun filled day! Glad Grandpa Skip survived the crash on the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen you in those glasses - you look great in them!! Your family looks like a barrel of fun. You guys are always in our thoughts at New Year's; I'm glad you were surrounded by those who love you best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becky, I've had them for about 4 months or so. I tried contacts but they just weren't working our for me, besides I love my glasses. Yes my family is a barrel of fun and it was nice to be surrounded by them this year. Some years Jan 1st isn't so hard and others it is, thanks for thinking about us! You guys are great and we miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barbi, it was a fun filled day and my dad barely survived. He ended up with some bad asthma afterwards, but he'd do it all over again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I missed the memo that you got a new blog!! What a fun dad you have, it looks like the kids have a blast with him! Oh and I always love your glasses!

    ReplyDelete